Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kiosk Mode PPT and Web Quest

Today, we worked on a PowerPoint quiz that contained three multiple choice questions. It had to be saved in the kiosk mode, which means you have to hyperlink the slides to the one you want next. If the student picked a wrong answer, it would be hyper-linked to a slide that says try again, and that slide would be hyper-linked back to the missed question.If they got the question correct, it was hyper-linked to a slide that said,"Awesome Job." I also included an animated gif of fireworks when they correctly completed the quiz. 


I thought it was a pain because the hyper-links keep malfunctioning. First, I discovered it was due to an animation. I fixed that, but keep getting some slides that weren't working properly. It turns out that the kiosk mode is funny about punctuation. It was some exclamation points and commas messing it up. Fixed it, finally.


We then started a Web Quest project. I chose to do my for fourth grade students on the Fauves, the art movement. I found it fairly easy because I did quite a bit of research. I also tried to keep it as simple as possible. The hardest part was developing my rubric. I used www.rubistar.4teachers.org , but had to copy and paste into my word template. I still have a few extras I need to add.


Let me get busy on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment